Wednesday, December 15, 2010

6 Months


At her six month appointment she weighed 15 lbs. 1 oz (31%) and her height (drumroll please) 24 in . (she comes in at a whopping 4th percentile on this one). Poor thing is doomed to be short. I was actually surprised that she was that low on the average. She just doesn't seem that short to me when compared to all the babies around her. 


Annie is becoming more and more curious by the day. She's rolling EVERYWHERE! We've even caught her by the stairs a couple of times (WHAT?!?!? I'm so not ready for a mover!). She's already getting into, around, and even under everything. Want proof?

 This is when I caught her by the stairs (don't worry she ran into the wall). Shes does this funny pilates crunch thing all the time now. It cracks us up. That's one strong belly!

 Trying to get a hold of the tree...

...I don't even know what to say. I was making toffee crunch and I heard her laugh and when I turned around to see what was so funny, here she was. I have no idea how she even managed to get under there.

We've started her on solids and so far she's had pears, apples, and sweet potatoes (mixed in with rice cereal). She gets super impatient with us when we aren't feeding it to her fast enough. She's also discovered her tongue and finds it really funny to spit at us and blow raspberries when we're trying to feed her... Jared doesn't find it funny ;)

Other milestones we've reached:
-sitting up on her own for about 30 seconds at a time
-doing pushups (I think we'll have a hands and toes crawler instead of on hands and knees)
-babbling and yelling at random times
-laughing and laughing and more laughing at Dad
-touching and playing with toes
-passing toys from hand to hand
-putting anything she can find into her mouth
-holds onto her own bottle for a few seconds at a time
-playing peek-a-boo
-now I'm not sure if she meant to do this but Jared and I were impressed that it even happened, one day she looked at Jared and deliberately yelled "DAAAA" (laugh if you will, it seemed deliberate)

Milestones we're hoping to reach soon:
-nighttime sleeplessness! Someone needs to let my little miss know that at 4am it is most definitely not time to wake up for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment