Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Bedtime

I remember very distinctly the advise my brother and sister-in-law gave me about having kids. They told me if you had to choose one thing to be really strict on, make it bed times. I've chosen to do just that and boy has it ever made a difference. As Annie is a toddler though and starts to get a mind of her own, sometimes she'll do things that just make us laugh

Great Grandma Doo Doo (Dodie) gave her this puppy when she came to visit...she will NOT sleep without it.

We put Annie to bed wide awake so sometimes she chatters for quite some time before she eventually nods off. One night, she was chattering to herself and all of a sudden we heard her saying "I take it off" followed by an "uh oh" which was then followed by "MOMMA MOMMA HELP MOMMA" I figured, this can't be good. So I go to see what she's hollering about and the above picture is what I came to. 

Annie's typically a great sleeper. She goes to bed at 8pm and doesn't wake up until 8am. This holds true during the week but sometimes (and usually only on Saturday mornings) she'll have a bad dream or something and just start crying until we come get her. As a result, I'm just too lazy to calm her down and she pops right into bed with us.

As you can see by her position, since Jared and I only have a queen size bed, I'm usually the one that gets kicked out....oh the things we do for our kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment