Monday, March 21, 2011

Patty's Day Treats

I failed as a crafter in making Annie a cute outfit for St. Patrick's Day but I tried to make up for it by baking the day away :)



First I made this Irish Soda Bread. Which was good but too dry for Jared's palette. Is it supposed to be kind of dry? He doesn't like raisins so I substituted Walnuts for the raisins...wonder if that makes a difference.

Then, of course, I made corned beef and red mashed potatoes with a yummy country gravy. That is a must around here. Fun story behind this meal. The weekend Jared and I got engaged, my parents and little brother traveled south to Logan for the holiday (it was president's day weekend). We promised my little brother some snowboarding and unbeknownst (I'm pretty sure I made up that word) to me, Jared was talking with my Dad about marrying me. Anyway, Jared made dinner for us one night and it was corned beef and potatoes. My little brother still talks about it. He thought he had died and gone to heaven. All in one meal, I'm pretty sure Kyle was okay with me marrying Jared.


And for dessert! I made a silver white cake from scratch and filled the layers with a green butter cream frosting and piped little clovers on the top. Jared made fun when he noticed all my clovers only had 3 leaves on them....whoops! I guess it's not a very lucky cake ;)

p.s. this is my 200th post!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment