Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine's Day Yummyness

So last year I cooked Jared and I a pretty fabulous Chinese food feast on Valentine's Day. Since I like to go over the top on the Holidays, I decided to host a Valentine's Dinner this year. This would be the first time that we've had a group over and I've cooked the whole meal. Usually we do a big potluck but I wanted a challenge (by the end of the day, my feet were not appreciative of being in the kitchen all day long).

Jared's best friend and his wife have moved into their parent's house temporarily while they remodel their home so I thought it would be nice to have them over. His brother found out about it and promptly invited himself and his girlfriend to dinner the day of...YIKES! Good thing I already had my menu planned!

This years theme....Comfort Food!

...probably not a recipe I would revisit. It just wasn't that awesome.

...Paula Deen you do not disappoint! These turned out fabulous! I've never cooked cornish games hens but they were on sale at Smiths and I thought it would be a fun challenge. They were delish!

...words do not express the delicious melt in your mouth goodness that these were. I would go so far as to say they were the star of the dinner table. Oh my goodness.....

...the flavor in these is really really good. I added too many noodles. So if you make this one, stick to the recipe if you want them really cheesy!

...Miss Paula, you know how to raise those boys! I must apologize for the picture, I forgot to take one before I started eating it. It....was....amazing. I could make this every day and not get sick of it. If you don't mind the calories DO IT! This one is definitely going in the recipe book. YUM YUM YUM!

Of course I was so worried about getting pictures of the food I missed the opportunity to grab pictures of the guests. The night was a success. I even got Jared to do the dishes the next morning ;) And I currently have requests to make it a tradition. We'll see...Annie is at a manageable age now but in a year??? we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment