Friday, February 27, 2009

Stupid Cookies

I had a co-worker bring these in the other day and I thought they sounded disgusting but once you try them, you can't get enough. She calls them stupid cookies because they're so easy to make.

Ingredients:
1 C Karo Syrup
1 C Sugar
1 C Peanut Butter
2 bags frito lay chips (there-in lies the kicker)

In a microwave save bowl (I like to use my big pyrex bowl), mix karo and sugar. Put in the microwave for about 4 minutes. Stir a couple of times to keep it from burning. Once the liquid is completely clear remove from the microwave. Add peanut butter and stir until it's completely smooth.

Cover a cookie sheet in foil and spray with Pam to prevent sticking. Spread out the fritos on the cookie sheet. Drizzle the peanut butter mixture over the fritos evenly. Put in the fridge to set.


As gross as these may sound, it's the perfect blend of sweet and salty. But beware, they are quite rich. My mom said they remind her of a peanut butter and honey sandwich. A true Griffin might require a large glass of milk to enjoy this scrumptious treat.

2 comments:

  1. KATIE!! Wow...you better add me as your friend on the list. ;) Thanks for the comment. AND...those "cookies" seem good. Anything with chips is amazing to me...hopefully you remember. Maybe not though. Didn't eat very many chips in college, but they sure are my fave!! Miss ya and hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are crazy! I love the name and the idea-so much fun!

    ReplyDelete