Thursday, April 23, 2009

My New Key Rack

Jared and I have this problem. We have too many keys and don't have any way to organize them nicely. For now we just have different key chains on each one. So my solution is as follows:





I decoupaged the paper on the wood, then painted black around the edges and accidentally smudged on the paper so I decided instead of being upset I would just antique the whole thing...which is why there are all the black smudges all over. Since we have rental properties even Jared thought this was a great idea. And the labels are removable just in case we change our minds some day!

7 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like the antiqued look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so cute. How nice would it be to churn out crafties in your new craft room? Trade ya?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katie! This is a really cute project! Love it! We do need to get together and have a bbq or something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I am going to totally do this, but turn it into an FHE chart. Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made it on tip junkie again:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do you get the small frames for your labels?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I apologize it's taken me so long to reply. I got the frames at a local craft store called Ben Franklin Fabric & Crafts. You can find them at any craft store in the scrapbooking section

    ReplyDelete